Name Change of an Adult-India
Name Change of an Adult-India
A name is the most important feature that is used to identify an individual and to distinguish them from one another. Changing names has now become a common practice for various reasons. It is also acceptable by law. The Change of Name Act, 1995 has laid down a legal procedure to change the name of an adult. Change of name is a personal choice made by an individual. The act has not laid down any limitation on how many times the name of an adult can be changed. Under the usual circumstances in India, the name change of adult women mainly occurs after marriage. The name change process in India is lengthy and can take up to 30 days or more from the date of application to the authorities.Through our name change of adult service, we shall compile and attest all the required documents and coordinate and apply before the concerned Government authorities to ensure that you receive a certified copy of your name changed appearing in official gazettes.
In India, there are thousands of applications made to the concerned authority for the name change of an adult. There has been a substantial rise in the application for a name change as in the previous years’ people were not aware of the process and would live with the same name throughout their life. It is only in recent years where more and more people have opted to change their name legally. It is essential to change the name of the applicant by following all the legal procedures so as to avoid any legal allegations in the near future.
The process of the name change of an adult is procedural and extensive, this is where we can help you fill in the application to apply to the concerned authority by offering the support of our experts in this field of work and by making your experience hasslefree.
We shall assist you from the beginning of the procedure till the time your changed name appears in the official Gazette of India. By following the steps of procedure laid down by the Change of Name Act, 1995 one can apply for the name change within the legal framework making the process valid and efficient.
General Steps involves:
- The first step includes making an affidavit that will be made by our expert lawyer stating in the affidavit why you are seeking to change the name of the person concerned.
- The affidavit will also include identification of the applicant, their residential address, and the age of the applicant.
- After this, the changed name has to publish in at least one of the local newspapers, implicating publicly that the name of the applicant has been changed. These copies will remain in the public domain and have to be preserved to be submitted to the official Gazette office.
- The applicant has to submit an undertaking that is duly signed by them.
- A prescribed proforma has to be submitted in duplicate which has to be typewritten and duly signed by the applicant with two witnesses.
- The final stage where the new/revised name of the applicant must appear in an advertisement of the Gazette of India.
Basic documents required include:
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Passport)
- Residential Proof (Electricity Bill, Utilities Bill)
- Age proof (Birth certificate, Driving license)
- Photo (Self-attested passport size photos)
- Application (stating the content of the CD and hardcopy are similar, duly signed by the applicant)
- A compact disc that contains the soft copy which is typed by an application in MS word format.
- Performa for Name Change.
- Affidavit for Name Change.
What Shall You Obtain?
The process is undertaken by skilled and experienced legal practitioners and therefore shall be in the best of your interest. After the name change of adult, registration is completed, the customer shall be given a complete copy of the name change of adult in the Gazette of India, along with the certified supporting documents for each activity undertaken.
Duration Until Completion
After the completion of the process following the Act. You will receive a registered copy of the gazette entry where the name of an adult has been changed along with the certified supporting documents. It takes approximately 30 days to receive the copy from the date of application made to the Gazette of India.*
LSC Assurance of Secured Payment
Assured Quality Service Delivery
Fully Dedicated Case Managers
Post-Delivery - Review Facility
"As a first line of communication, we will need the following particulars from you to action this service. To facilitate our inital review, please collate your relevant documents into a single file and upload where requested."