Name Change of Minor-India
Name Change of Minor-India
Our name change of minor service contrue compilation and attestation of all the required documents and coordinate with the concerned Government authorities to ensure that you receive a certified copy of the name change of the minor appearing in the official gazette. The parents/guardians of a minor child have the liberty to change the name of their infant child by following the procedures under, the Change of Name Act, 1995 which prescribes methods to change the name of the minor. There is no limitation on how many times the name of the infant can be changed. The name change process in India can be lengthy and take up to 30 days to 60 days from the date of application. An infant can be any person below 18 years exceeding which one has to apply for a name change of an adult.
The child cannot file its own application/affidavit for changing its name. It has to be through their parents or guardians who is an adult to follow the due process of law. It is essential to change the name of your child by following all the legal procedures to avoid any legal allegations in the near future. The documentation process for the name change of a minor can be tedious and lengthy. To make this easier and hassle-free, we extend the support of our lawyers who are experts in this field of work.
We at LSC, recommend you to take up our services to ensure all the documentation and publications are carried out by our experienced and qualified Lawyers who will assist you with all your queries regarding the application and follow up till the publication of the changes appears in the official gazette. All the procedures will be carried out by us, in accordance with the Act. Once a certified copy of your name change appears in the Gazette of India the entire process will be validated and considered completed. The process of the name change of a minor has to be done within the legal boundaries or it will be invalidated by the authorities and declared as fraudulent making it necessary to make the name change by following all the steps prescribed in the Act.
General Steps involves:
- The first step includes making an affidavit that will be made by our expert lawyer stating in the affidavit why you are seeking to change the name of your child who is a minor.
- The affidavit will also include identification of your minor child/parents/guardian’s name, their residential address, and the age of the child.
- After this, the changed name has to publish in at least one of the local newspapers, implicating publicly that the name of a minor has been changed. These copies will remain in the public domain and have to be preserved to be submitted to the gazette office.
- The parents/guardians have to submit an undertaking that is duly signed by each one of them.
- A prescribed proforma has to be submitted in duplicate which has to be typewritten and duly signed by the applicant with two witnesses.
- The final stage where the new/revised name of the minor must appear in an advertisement of the Gazette of India.
Basic documents required include:
- ID Proof (School ID, Aadhar card)
- Age proof (School ID, Birth certificate, School leaving certificate/bonafide)
- Address proof (Aadhar card, Ration card)
- Application Form (duly signed by parents/guardians)
- Photo (passport size photograph of the minor)
- A compact disc that contains the soft copy which is typed by an application in MS word format.
- Certificate (stating the details of the CD and hardcopy are similar)
- Affidavit for the name change of a minor (self-attested)
What Shall You Obtain?
The process is undertaken by highly skilled professionals and therefore shall be with a bona fide intent. After the name change of minor registration is completed, the customer shall be given a complete copy of the name change of minor in the Gazette of India, along with the certified supporting documents for each activity undertaken.
Duration Until Completion
After the completion of the process in accordance with the Act. You will receive a registered copy of the gazette entry where the name of a minor has been changed along with the certified supporting documents. It will take approximately 30 days to receive the copy from the date of application to the official gazette*.
LSC Assurance of Secured Payment
Assured Quality Service Delivery
Fully Dedicated Case Managers
Post-Delivery - Review Facility
"As a first line of communication, we will need the following particulars from you to action this service. To facilitate our inital review, please collate your relevant documents into a single file and upload where requested."